Scientist, Sr. Scientist, Principle Scientist, or Manager, Cellular and Molecular Biology-CMC
Exton, PA (Research)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Select, develop, and optimize appropriate DNA constructs for transgene delivery against therapeutic targets.
- Construction, production, purification, and characterization of transgenes, gene delivery vectors, and plasmids.
- Develop gene expression systems of Adeno-Associated Virus (AAV), Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV), Lentivirus etc.
- Participate in the development of bioassays to test and characterize gene therapy products.
- Prepare project proposals, protocols, reports, Certificate of Analysis, investigation reports, and generate cGMP documents.
- Manage projects from initiation to completion and ensure the projects are on time, on budgets, and meeting pre-established quality standards.
- Prepare and review notebooks in compliance with the Company’s CMC SOPs.
- Maintain qualification and compliance of instruments, and conduct technical and instrumental troubleshooting.
- Under guidance of supervisor, contribute and/or lead the creation of new service portfolios for emerging biotherapeutics.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, cellular biology, immunology, virology, biological science, or related discipline with 0-6+ years of experience, or M.S. with 0-8+ years of experience in lab experience in construction of AAV, HSV, and/or Lentivirus and their respective expression systems. Job title to be commensurate with the experiences and qualifications.
- Demonstrated subject expertise in adherent, suspension production of HEK-293/HSV and SF-9/Baculovirus expression systems and applying different expression approaches including but not limited to transient, stable, producer and helper virus.
- Experience in cell therapy & viral vector analytical development.
- Excellent oral and writing communication, and organization skills.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm to learn and collaborate.
Employment at Frontage Labs: