Principal Metabolite Identification Scientist
North Wales, PA
Job Focus: Metabolite Identification using HPLC/HRMS in Drug Discovery and Development
Location: PA – North Wales
We are seeking a motivated experienced metabolite identification specialist to join Frontage Laboratories. We are a contract research organization, that specializes in providing metabolite structure elucidation services to the pharmaceutical and agrichemical industries. The position is responsible for supervising and conducting metabolite profiling/identification services in support of discovery and development studies.
- Analyze small molecule drug candidates to determine their metabolite profiles in in vitro and in vivo samples utilizing HPLC/HRMS.
- Conduct analytical problem solving and method development in support of metabolite profiling studies.
- Compile, analyze, and communicate test results to colleagues and clients, investigate unexpected results and assist in problem-solving.
- Independently analyze, review and document analytical data in compliance with company SOPs and protocols and generate timely and concise documentation of scientific results.
- The work environment requires a flexible approach to conducting the required duties.
- The successful candidate must have an advanced degree (MS. or Ph.D.) in analytical or organic chemistry or related field, with 5-10 years of experience in conducting and supervising metabolite profiling experiments. Hands on experience in operating mass spectrometers including HRMS is essential.
- The candidate must have strong fundamental understanding of liquid chromatographic mass spectrometric techniques relevant to small molecule pharmaceutical/agrichemical analysis and direct experience developing chromatographic separations.
- The candidate must have excellent scientific, analytical and troubleshooting skills. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills are required to communicate effectively.
For complete details, please contact Dr. Philip Tiller at 215-699-8871 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org