The Maintenance Technician will be responsible with assisting in maintaining the physical plant, exterior and interior.
· Assist in keeping building systems operational by completing assigned preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions with oversight from supervisor and facilities staff.
· Assist in the maintenance and repair of various building equipment and systems including, but not limited to plumbing and piping systems, HVAC, electrical distribution, and boilers.
· Performs minor plumbing maintenance (replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, etc.)
· Performs minor electrical maintenance to include, but not limited to, replacement or repair of fixtures (wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cord, etc.) using appropriate hand, power, and specialty tools.
· Perform assigned safety and system inspections documenting all details.
· Perform various housekeeping duties to maintain a clean and safe facility.
· Maintains clean, well-organized work area while performing all assigned tasks in a manner consistent with company safety/environmental regulations.
· Basic knowledge of the operation and repair of electrical, plumbing, HVAC and mechanical systems.
· Prefer at least one (1) year experience in the building industry, maintenance and/or housekeeping handling the upkeep, repair, and maintenance of electrical, plumbing and HVAC equipment. Knowledge of building construction is helpful.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Must be able to operate MS Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.) and have an overall familiarity with computer software systems.
· Possess written and verbal skills to interact and communicate effectively with employees, and supervisors.
· Physically able to unpack, pack, lift, and transport items weighing up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and move 50+ lbs. with assistance.
· Must be willing to work evening and weekend on occasion, able to work flexible hours, and be part of the on-call rotation.