Lead Medical Technologist, Secaucus Satellite Laboratory
A job design should be utilized to ensure that candidates are evaluated against position-specific criteria. Candidates do not necessarily have to possess all the items listed on the job design, but the goal should be for a chosen candidate to have 80% of the stated criteria.
The Lead Medical Technologist will be responsible for day to day activities in building and maintaining the Secaucus Satellite Laboratory at Frontage Laboratories.
• Validation and verification studies of new instrumentation and methods
• Establish and maintain standard operating procedures for designated methods
• Perform maintenance and quality control for all instrumentation and methods
• Troubleshoot and repair instrumentation, liaise with service engineers and instrument vendors
• Adhere to safety and quality procedures, participate in Proficiency Testing, maintain competency on all instrumentation (six month and annual)
• Sample analysis including Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Coagulation, Molecular, and COVID-19 testing
• Maintain a general working knowledge of CLIA and CAP regulations, help foster audit and inspection readiness
• Partner with laboratory leadership to establish and improve processes, efficiency, and employee engagement
Four or more years of experience in a clinical laboratory setting with any combination of chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, coagulation, and/or molecular experience
Bachelor’s degree in medical technology or clinical laboratory science
Bachelor’s degree in chemical, physical or biological science with a minimum of 60 semester hours specifically including, 6 hours of Chemistry, 6 hours of Biology and 12 additional hours in any combination of Chemistry, Biology, or Medical Laboratory Technology. Transcript with degree indicated must be provided and evaluated by laboratory leadership prior to offer.
Qualifies for high complexity testing per the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments 42CFR1489, documentation must be provided and evaluated by laboratory leadership prior to offer.
Two years of lead, supervisor, or management experience
ASCP certification or equivalent for Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science
ESSENTIAL PERSONALITY/LEADERSHIP SKILLS:
• High level of accountability with self and others
• Hands-on approach with a desire to teach and partner with others
• Able to work independently
• Track record of challenging the status quo
• Team and action-oriented
• Attention to detail
• Priority setting
• Timely decisions