IT Specialist I
Exton, PA (Corporate)
- Administrate the systems and users in Windows Active Directory.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose computers in laboratories connecting to various instruments via Ethernet or the network between instrument control center and data acquisition workstations.
- Resolve the network connection issues on either office computers or the instrumental workstations, and repair connection problems in a time manner.
- Perform data backup using Veritas Backup Exec 16 or above. Monitor status of data transferring or data backup and keep the process in stable and secure status.
- Configure and administrate Microsoft Office 365 and train end users.
- Document the computer system related incidents and resolutions in IT support ticket system or logbooks.
- Strong knowledge on Windows Active Directory and network routing, switching and firewall configuration;
- Extensive skills to diagnose performance, security and connectivity issues with diagnosis software and script language;
- Experience with helpdesk;
- Familiar with MS Office and macro programming;
- Experience on configuring servers and workstations to connect to the networks and setting up connections between instruments and lab workstations.
Bachelor’s degree in related fields such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering. Experiences/knowledge with instruments such as LCMS/MS, HPLC and software Waters Empower, Waters UNIFI, etc. are preferred.
- Check helpdesk tickets and provide timely support to helpdesk requests
- Maintain and monitor network connections including network switches.
- Administrate user accounts including domain, email, and system accounts
- Document IT incidents and maintenance in logging system.
- Troubleshoot and support IT applications and devices.
- Perform IT document coordinator jobs.
- Backup and archive system and data based on defined schedules and restore files as requested
- Execute and review IT related test scripts and work with QA to validate computer systems.
- Implement, configure and administrate Checkpoint Cloud Guard, Endpoint Complete and Sandblast Mobile
- Administrate and support business and lab systems such as Salesforces, Symmetry, exacqVision, Watson, e-Workbook, StudyDoc, Waters Empowe, etc.