Director, Business Development, PreClinical Services
- Meet or exceed revenue objectives for assigned region
- Solicit and develop new business opportunities through direct calling efforts, referral sources, industry trade shows and conferences, and meetings; as well as any other appropriate means
- Visit existing and former customers periodically to reaffirm satisfaction and identify new and expanding opportunities for deeper client engagement.
- Develop new business plans for existing customers as well as potential new customers
- Respond to new business development leads promptly and coordinate / follow up with internal support team to ensure same
- Qualify, pursue, and close new opportunities.
- Identify decision-makers and areas of need.
- Negotiate and close
- Keep accurate records of calls, meetings and other activities (call reports) in CRM
- Maintain an up to date pipeline of new business opportunities
- Assist with preparing proposals, quotes, and customer contracts
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all services offered
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated success in outside sales / business development in a scientific field.
- Proven sales experience with a history of sustainable growth is a must.
- Familiarity with GLP regulatory process. Prior experience in a GLP CRO is a plus.
- Familiarity with drug development biology to include toxicology, metabolism, and pharmacokinetics.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to operate in an independent, self-directed manner
- Good communication skills, including persuasive interpersonal communication and sales techniques to include presentation skills, sales interview skills, and closing skills.
- Working knowledge of business office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of CRM (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Zoho, or other)
- BS required – biology, chemistry, or related
- Must have a valid driver license.
- Must have a functional home office setup.
Company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or any other legally protected status. Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.