Senior Drug Metabolism Scientist
Exton, PA (Corporate)
The Senior Metabolism Scientist position combines the knowledge of several scientific disciplines, such as biochemistry, drug metabolism/ pharmacokinetics, and analytical chemistry. Experience and knowledge of in vitro drug metabolism studies in support of drug discovery and development as well as the ability to perform in vitro and in vivo studies to address DMPK issues of candidate drugs is critical for this position.
- Perform in vitro DMPK studies such as intrinsic clearance determination, reaction phenotyping, enzyme inhibition and induction, plasma protein binding
- Conduct metabolism studies using various in vitro models
- Identify and quantitate metabolites using LC/MS and LC/MS/MS
- Operate and maintain LC/MS equipment Carry out bi-directional transport studies using Caco-2 cells
- Prepare written reports for clients upon completion of each task. Work with Study Directors/Sponsors in study design, protocol preparation, and overseeing conduct of studies
- Effectively manage numerous tasks/projects simultaneously to meet internal/external deadlines while maintaining organizational integration within DMPK team
- Ensure all laboratory operation and record-keeping are of high quality and compliant with Frontage SOPs or other applicable regulations.
- PhD orMS plus 5 + years relevant industry experience in biochemistry, in vitro DMPK or similar discipline with coursework and research relevant to pharmacokinetics and/or drug metabolism
- Knowledge of LC/MS/MS analytical techniques Broad post-graduate experience in vitro techniques relevant to DMPK as demonstrated through publications
- Significant experience and leadership in enzyme inhibition/induction and in vitro systems used in DMPK research
- Knowledge of cell culture and in vitro systems used for bi-directional transport studies is a plus