Director- Clinical Phase I, Business Development-Mid Atlantic or California
- Secure and retain business through professional, consultative, and proactive sales activities directed at key decision makers
- Continued awareness of competitive activities, positioning and pricing, which includes specific reasons for awards and non-awards
- Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales plans for each target account, develop in-depth knowledge of the customer organization
- Ensure appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to customer
- Monitor actions and results against plans
- Lead client visits to the Frontage facilities
- Coordinate with scientific and operations staff to present comprehensive proposals
- Work with operations and management team to prepare and lead the sales presentations
- Educate team participants in customer culture, operational needs/methods and sales techniques needed to close and support the sale and future sales
- Handle follow-up related to the sale and drive completion of contractual documents
- Maintain high visibility within customer organization
- Monitor customer satisfaction by regular communication with customer
- Plan and coordinate all customer sales activities
- Record all customer sales related (opportunities, CDA, MSA, Site Visits, Face to Face Meetings, etc.) activities in CRM (salesforce) system
- Be an ambassador of Frontage and its team within and outside of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Biological/Medical Sciences. Master’s degree preferred. 5-7 years sales experience, including 3-5 years in selling clinical research services.
- Proven business development experience in Early Stage Clinical is a must. Excellent business and industry awareness, and a thorough understanding of industry trends and their impact on the business. Strong analytical skills in assessing and interpreting customer business data.
- Solid understanding of the principles of drug discovery and development.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment and to establish and maintain demanding timelines. Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Highly proficient skills using Microsoft Office Suite: MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel. Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities. Able to adapt and be flexible to changing priorities.
- Proven record of accomplishment of annual sales goals.
- Proven track record at mid-level and high-level contacts, target revenue levels in the multi-millions
- Established industry client network is preferred.